How to debug a windows app

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Sat Feb 15 14:24:17 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:30:29 -0800, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

>I think the best way is with logfiles created with the
>--debugmsg argument to wine.
>You can invoke the program under the wine debugger
>by starting it with winedbg instead of wine,
>but I have not yet gotten much use out of that;
>log files are the way to go initially unless you know
>for sure the debugger is what you want.

I need the debugger for usre. The problem is that agent throws an exception,
but it does that internally so I have to see what's going on. I can try the
logs first, though, but I'm intersted on how to do this anyway and sooner or
later I will need this.

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)