TaxCut and C++ exception handling

Ori Pessach mail at oripessach.com
Sun Feb 16 11:26:49 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> You are missing the eventual goal of the Wine project: to have a Win32 layer
> for *nix with a completely microsoft free code base.

No - I get the goal of the project. What I'm not clear about is where to
draw the line between system components and application components. Is
msvcrt.dll shipped with Windows, or with Windows applications?

Eric Pouech wrote:
 > Moreover, latest EULA states that redistribution must occur on Windows
 > based OSes, so it might not be legal on Wine/*nix combo

I'm not sure they can impose that restriction, now that they were find
to be a monopoly. If they could do that, they could just restrict the
distribution of anything you need to distribute with a Windows app to
make it work, installer components, for example

-Ori Pessach