Allow native dlls and debugmsg in runtest

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 16 11:40:31 CST 2003

Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Francois> On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Uwe Bonnes wrote: [...]
>     >> But then you have to set and unset WINEOPTIONS quite frequently.
>
>     Francois> Not if you type:
>
>     Francois> WINEOPTIONS="-debugmsg +foo" runtest
>
>     Francois> When you do that WINEOPTIONS is set for that command only. The
>     Francois> only drawback is 'WINEOPTIONS' is longer to type than '-d',
>     Francois> but with command recall who cares.
>
> But you need to remember WINEOPTION, how to use and what options are
> available and the shell syntax. The few lines added to runtest by my test
> relief the user of that task but also leave you the posibility to still use
> WINEOPTIONS.
the bad side of the patch is that the user has to know the command line
option of runtest...
moreover, runtest should be used in most of the cases without options
it's only developpers would may do some fiddling with options
at some point in time, I wouldn't be surprised either if wine drops its
command line option in favor of another mechanism
so I'd favor not adding too many options to runtest
A+

--
Eric Pouech