wine/ win32/device.c server/trace.c server/tim ...

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 17 15:29:05 CST 2003

Eric POUECH wrote:
>>>Which will not help at all with filedescriptors.
>>
>>I thought Eric said there was an uninitialized pointer laying
>>around.  Valgrind's real good at finding those...
>
> I'm not sure what's uninitialized (maybe a pointer, maybe a fd, maybe something else...)
> BTW, I don't see what could prevent wineserver to be run under valgrind TODAY
> It doesn't use threads nor clone nor segmented pointer
> Did someone already tried running Wine with WINESERVER ? (I didn't, I may try when I'm back home) ?

ok I did try it on a little sample... and it works (I get a couple of
error reports I'll look into)
for those who are interested, here's a way to do it:
edit the .winewrapper file (from the top of cvs tree if you run wine
from within the tree, the directory where the wine exec is otherwise),
and add this:

case $1 in
   --vgsvr)      export VG_WINESERVER=$WINESERVER;
   		WINESERVER=/home/eric/output-wine/regular/vg_wineserver; 		shift;;
esac

of course change the path /home/eric/output-wine/regular/vg_wineserver
to a local file of yours which contains:
/home/eric/vg/final/bin/valgrind $VG_WINESERVER

(also change the location of valgrind binary if needed)

have fun!

--
Eric Pouech