[ros-kernel] Weekend Coder Project: WinMM functions

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Feb 19 03:17:07 CST 2003

Well, I'd imagine there's no wineesd because eSound sucks straws. Jack
is a much better sound server, and I know at some point (probably soon)
GNOME is going drop eSound entirely, they're just waiting for the move
to gstreamer to be completed, so hopefully soon eSound will die the
death it deserves.

Ideally both KDE and GNOME would use Jack, it might be something to
raise on the xdg-list

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 19:43, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> could a wineesd.drv be written ? has someone started such a project ?
> > you'll have also for the rest of winmm to implement the wdmaud.drv
> > which
> > isn't implemented in wine because of no use (we use in fact .drv to
> > map
> > to existing audio interfaces: OSS, ALSA, aRts, Jack...)
> >
> > feel free to ask for more info
> > A+
> >
> > --
> > Eric Pouech
> >

> =====
> Sylvain Petreolle
> spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
> Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
> ICQ #170597259
>
> "Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center