wcmd mark/paste

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Wed Feb 19 21:13:26 CST 2003

Hi,

wcmd mark/paste has greatly improved since the last version, the current
CVS feels very good so far.

However, to copy text it is still not possible to drag over the text as
in other X apps.  In fact even if Context menu->Edit->Mark is selected it
is necessary to use the keyboard to increase the selection area.  This
is not very quick because keyboard repeat is not used, so I have to
hammer my arrow keys like I am playing an old Atari game!

(perhaps related to the other X11 Clipboard thread currently)

I'm glad to see the copied text is not corrupted anymore

The wine debugger also exhibits this problem.

The "quick edit" functionality is great, however I am still getting an
extra date column on the right of my pastes when typing "dir" (date
column is on the left of dir output).

Regards

JG