Incorrect locale selected

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Feb 20 05:19:38 CST 2003

J. Grant wrote:

> Which means that my input method can be in japanese, but that all
> programs are in
> english.  However, some programs (wine notepad and some installers
> etc) have
> some of the text in Japanese.  Wine notepad has the "open file" dialog
> in Japanese,
> but the menus are in english.
>
> I am using Wine 20030115.  Is this a known issue?

Yes and no. In Wine everything is selected at one place, and is the
equivalent of the "system default locale". Be warned, btw, that some
things don't work very well with input when using UTF-8.

Is it fixable? Probably. You need to get the concept of a user locale.
Grab the system locale from LC_CTYPE and the user locale from LANG.
Select resources based on the user locale. That would probably fix this
issue. Havn't had the time (http://www.advogato.org/person/sun/#1) to
actually go ahead and do it.

--
Shachar Shemesh