wcmd/wine default window configuration

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Thu Feb 20 16:41:50 CST 2003

Hello

I have been using wcmd lately, its been really useful to my research.

However, could wcmd default to its "command history" (a la doskey) value
to something other than zero please? Perhaps 50 would be enough, it
would not take up much memory for the queue strcture I think.

I do not know if this is wcmd, but the wcmd context menu uses a serif
font.  I think in UI design serif is not a good choice... most programs
use a sans serif one, such as the widget in wcmd->propeties.  Sans serif
is generally accepted as more appealing in most contexts.

It would be great if the wcmd text area was bigger too, current it
starts as 80x25, however, if I change it to 80x80 in the wcmd prefs
(then resize the window, as it does not auto adjust) and type "dir" the
same top 80x25 chars are the only ones used to display text.  I ran
cmd.exe from within wcmd and the same problem showed up.  So it appears
that its either the way Wine displays windows, or wcmd.  I tried
"wineconsole ./cmd.exe" too, that locked up my terminal with lots of
NCURSES fixme printf's.

cmd.exe in MS-Windows is resizable vertically, and the extra lines are used.

Regards

JG