wcmd/wine default window configuration

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Fri Feb 21 15:30:31 CST 2003

Hi,

Eric Pouech wrote:
> J. Grant wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I have been using wcmd lately, its been really useful to my research.
>>
>> However, could wcmd default to its "command history" (a la doskey) value
>> to something other than zero please? Perhaps 50 would be enough, it
>> would not take up much memory for the queue strcture I think.
>
> I'm going to fix that. anyway, you can change it "by hand" for all wcmd
> apps.
>
>> I do not know if this is wcmd, but the wcmd context menu uses a serif
>> font.  I think in UI design serif is not a good choice... most programs
>> use a sans serif one, such as the widget in wcmd->propeties.  Sans serif
>> is generally accepted as more appealing in most contexts.
>
> this is wine's default for menus

Hmm, I think this should be modifed for default then IMO.

>> It would be great if the wcmd text area was bigger too, current it
>> starts as 80x25, however, if I change it to 80x80 in the wcmd prefs
>> (then resize the window, as it does not auto adjust)
>
> once again, this works fine here... which wine version are you using?

Wine CVS 20030115

>> and type "dir" the
>> same top 80x25 chars are the only ones used to display text.
>
> the current known issues :
> - some downsizing of console from the property dialog are wrongly handled
> - wcmd doesn't take into account the real console height (but it uses
> its width)

If I change to 80x50 it forgets it as soon as I apply to current session
or all future sesions.

If i type "dir" after setting this nothing has changed.  It also does
not resize the window when I change this size.  Perhaps it can update
the size of the wcmd window.

MS cmd.exe has fixed horizontal size and dragging the vertical hight
auto changes the vertical size, so there is no config for that.

Regards

JG