named pipe oddity

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Feb 22 17:22:46 CST 2003

> That is totally what I want to hear.  I'm adding stuff to the
> named pipe regression test; any requests?

Hi Dan,

Well, I'm curious to know what happens when you:
* put a pipe into message mode, then do partial reads.
* do TransactNamedPipe, and there is already read data
    available in the pipe.
* DisconnectNamedPipe on a pipe that still has messages in it
* try reading from a pipe that is not connected (before and after
connecting)
* switch pipes between message mode and byte mode with data in the pipe

I'm still coding it, then it needs to be debugged, reworked, cut up into
patches, etc, but I'll send you a something when it doesn't crash
immediately :)

Mike