gtk look progress and pthreads.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Feb 23 09:20:24 CST 2003

James Gregory wrote:
> Now, this was all going great up until the gtk_init() call. I'm now in
> the position where running I'm wine and seeing this sort of thing:
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/james/lib /home/james/bin/notepad
> wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> FIXME:pthread_cond_init

You're linking against gtk, and that probably brings in
all sorts of code that can't safely be linked to in Wine.
You'd probably be much happier if you carefully linked in
the tiniest possible fragment of gtk needed to achieve
your theming goals.  (You might even be forced to duplicate
a gtk source file or two, which would be a shame, but would at
least give you the flexibility you need to avoid this kind
of problem.)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel