gtk look progress and pthreads.

James Gregory james at linuxaus.com
Sun Feb 23 09:38:40 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 02:20, Dan Kegel wrote:
> James Gregory wrote:
> > Now, this was all going great up until the gtk_init() call. I'm now in
> > the position where running I'm wine and seeing this sort of thing:
> >
> > $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/james/lib /home/james/bin/notepad
> > wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> > FIXME:pthread_cond_init
>
> You're linking against gtk, and that probably brings in
> all sorts of code that can't safely be linked to in Wine.
> You'd probably be much happier if you carefully linked in
> the tiniest possible fragment of gtk needed to achieve
> your theming goals.  (You might even be forced to duplicate
> a gtk source file or two, which would be a shame, but would at
> least give you the flexibility you need to avoid this kind
> of problem.)

ouch. My ultimate goal requires an enormous chunk of gtk code, I'd
rather avoid doing this if at all possible.

What sort of things are likely to be broken in linking to gtk? Where do
I want to look if I want to try to fix this?

I suppose a good place to start is the source of that FIXME message.

Thanks,

James.