Building wine tests with nmake and cl in linux

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 24 00:42:31 CST 2003

OK, so there's msvcmaker, but I don't use guis,
so I threw together a way to build the wine
tests using cl and nmake.  I have the following files
in ~/bin:

nmake:
   wine -- wcmd /c F:\\bin\\nmake.bat "$@"

nmake.bat:
   call f:/bin/vcvars32.bat
   echo on
   nmake %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6

vcvars32.bat:
   same as normal one, but without quotes

nmakemaker: (attached)

Then in any dll/tests directory, I can type
   nmakemaker > foo.mak
   nmake /f foo.mak
and build all my tests with msvc.   Each test
is built as a separate executable, but that's the
way I like it for testing anyway.

Now I guess I'll submit patches to make everyone else's
tests actually *compile* under msvc.

It was real funny to see that article on slashdot appear
as I was doing this.  I seem to have gone a bit further
than that guy, since I don't have to use that awful, horrible wcmd window.

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com