annoyance running mingw

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 24 01:09:53 CST 2003

On Sunday 23 February 2003 11:24 pm, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On February 24, 2003 12:46 am, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > So I wonder if Wine shouldn't be mean, and not try
> > so hard to understand Unix paths.
>
> What about reversing the order: first try the DOS
> path, if that fails, try the Unix one...

If it just rejected unix paths I think it would break winedbg's ability to find
source files, and who knows what else... but reversing the order as Dan
recommends above should work AFAICS (not very :) )

--
gmt

"Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerly exercised for the good of its victims may be
the most opressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at
some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us
without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C. S. Lewis