gcc 3.2.2?

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 24 01:44:27 CST 2003

To my surprise, Gentoo (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="", iow "stable" Gentoo) is
ready to give me gcc 3.2.2 (in fact it compiles as I type).

So, what can I expect from wine and gcc322?  Any known interestingnesses?
Anyone even tried it? Presumably, since the threading magic needs to be in the
kernel (I run a modified linux-2.4.21-pre4-ac5 atm), I will not get the pthread bug...
but then again, how do I know for sure if I suffer from that or not?  Is there a test
that is known to reliably break against the new threading model (or perhaps I
can presume I "got it" if i can't run notepad?1)

whee, gotta love Gentoo, where "stable" means "it's been released for several days" ;)

--
gmt

"Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerly exercised for the good of its victims may be
the most opressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at
some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us
without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C. S. Lewis