[OT] Re: Gentoo -> Re: gcc 3.2.2?

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 24 17:02:27 CST 2003

On Monday 24 February 2003 11:02 am, Steven Tower wrote:
> > because my ac kernel is crashing, i was gonna try redhat 2.4.20-2.48
> > (which is what gentoo gives me for "redhat-kernel").  but while i'm at
> > it, i'll try bootstrap gentoo (which recompiles a bunch of core stuff,
> > some of it twice, incl. glibc & gcc), compile wine, and see what happens.
> >  guess i have to get the new kernel running first though.  maybe, this is
> > too early a redhat kernel to trigger it... ?

heh, typical.  Red Hat's kernel won't compile ALSA, so no RedHat kernel for
me.  too bad...  This won't stop me from testing the bleeding-edge one from
Rawhide, however, not that I expect to learn anything that isn't already
known from this, but I'd like to see it for myself.

Soooo.... back to vanilla kernels again... my Radeon 9700 is just a fast PCI
card in this thing.... and my KT400 mobo doesn't let me drop it down to
AGP2.0 mode to fix it.... blech... maybe I should just accept my fate and
take the 2.5.x plunge.

--
gmt