Is there some test app that reliable crashes?

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Tue Feb 25 15:41:01 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:45:30 -0800, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

>but in practice, only the bad pointer access does.  For some reason,
>raise(), assert(0), and abort() fail to trigger the debugger.
>
>You can compile this easily with mingw or msvc running under wine.
>(I did it with msvc.)

Thanks. I have neither installed, so it would be faster for me to reboot. :)
Anyway I just managed to fire the debugger. As I understood the winehq
instruction I thought that winedbg will be fired as soon as an exception
occurs, just like in windows when Visual Studio is installed (or any other
debugger for that matter). But this doesn't work for me, or I missunderstood
it. Now I tried running agent directly from within winedbg and this works so
far. I still have to get accustomed to these tools, though. :)

--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)