Wine 0.9 config applets?

Jaco Greeff wine-devel at puxedo.org
Wed Feb 26 22:49:35 CST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 03:06 pm, Dimitrie O. Paun scribbled on a piece of
papyrus:
> > [...] having a new small dog things just drops on the floor.*sigh*
>
> Yeah, I know, it happens when they are small :)))

*scratches.head* Did I write that? What the hell did I actually mean? Speak
English my dear man. *shrug*

> > Add some HW troubles to this and I'll need to see where I am at this
> > point. (I just damn well hope I have recent backups...)

And another one bites the dust. Ok, I've completely lost my sense of humour.
Two drives in the space of 4 days. Failed. Dead. Done for. Gone. Which
officially means I'm PC-less at home. Add to the fact that it is a 3 year-old
laptop (just out of warranty) and I'm royally screwed. So if I do have the
right backups, I don't know - I cannot check. (It is quite cool however to
put the CDs in the external burner and pressing open, close, open, close,
open, close, open, close just imagining what could be.

> Ugh! That's why it's better to submit what you have early, and let WineHQ
> mirror it. Remember:
>
> "Only wimps use tape backup: real men just upload their important stuff
> on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"

Damn right. The problem is just that you need to be at some stable point. I
suppose with this it sould not have been that bad - anything (no matter how
screwy) is better than nothing. In the case of some of my other things, I'm
lost - what is out there is stable, what I was working on not. (You sometimes
have to breakl things to fix it properly.)

I had a bad night. Suprisingly enough I can still see some humour in the
situation. I think it is time to see that head doctor. (I haven't slept
enough to be able to spell the word "psyciatrist"...)

Greetings,
Jaco