Handle invalid export table

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 27 14:17:39 CST 2003

Pavel Lapin wrote:
> Running an installer for FAR file manager with turned on win32 debug channel
> leads to crash due to invalid address of export table.
> This installer can be downloaded at http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm, the
> executable file seems compressed with RAR archiver.
this is a compressed executable (with the infamous UPX0 & UPX1 sections)
basically, your patch is not the right way of solving the problem (look
at previous posts on winedevel, and read Wine Cousin or WWN editions 107
  108)
basically, we need to better detect RVA pointing out of sections to
circumvent bogus informations in UPX header

A+

--
Eric Pouech