Report after porting a windows app to WINE

Mike Engelhardt pmte at concentric.net
Fri Feb 28 15:15:14 CST 2003

Eric ,

>>>I would like to know if there is a way to determine if my app is running
>>>under WINE under runtime.  That way I can work around more of these
>>>problems without imparing its performance under MS Windows.  If you know
>>>the answer, please e-mail me directly.
>
>the real best way is to fix the behavior in Wine, not try to get around
>it. so, any good bugreport is also more than welcomed in order to have
>it fixed

I thought I had reported bugs in my first breath.  Doesn't change my
requirement to have my app run under 95, 98, Me, NT, 2K, XP and any
reasonably recent release of Wine.  Each OS as had it's own share of
workarounds required as is common for a really large app.  Anyway, I
don't find it unreasonable to have to work around specific bugs in
specific OS's.

--Mike