Report after porting a windows app to WINE

Mike Engelhardt pmte at concentric.net
Fri Feb 28 16:44:33 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Hearn" <mike at theoretic.com>
To: "Mike Engelhardt" <pmte at concentric.net>
Cc: <wine-devel at winehq.com>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: Report after porting a windows app to WINE

> On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 21:19, Mike Engelhardt wrote:
> > Mike,

> > > Can you explain this one a bit further? You mean Wine doesn't
> > > forward it to the app?
> >
> > The function looks like this:
> >
> > void CecsView::OnKeyUp(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags)
> > {
>
> Bear in mind quite a few people here don't know C++ :) I get the idea
> though.
>
> > Pressing F2, F3, F4, F5, F7, F8 and F9 all go to
> > the right place.  Nothing happens when F6 is pressed.  Why
> > is that?
>
> No idea, but that kind of thing should be fairly easy to debug, it's
> probably just a missed out or incorrect table entry. Try reading the
> part about debug channels in the users guide and looking at keyboard
> logs.

I put a messagebox in OnKeyUp() to tell me what nChar it's getting.
It enters OnKeyUp() for every function key except F6.  If I hold
down the control key, then it also get's F6 and it get's it with the right
key code, 117.  Could Gnome be trapping that key for something?

Other than that, I put up a new version today, 2.01c, that works
pretty well under WINE except for this F6 issue and that the
RoboHelp system does't work yet.

--Mike