fptest.exe output W98SE

Drew Ogle dantealiegri at umbc.edu
Wed Jan 1 04:31:14 CST 2003

Francois Gouget wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Drew Ogle wrote:
>

>>I was exploring what was making win2k's cmd.exe crash,
>>and I had found a problem in GetFullPathName, so I wrote a test.
>>

>[ ... ]
>

>What if we just implement the Windows XP behavior? Does this break
>anything?

This is unknown, but I took the following assumption from the tests; the
original code was written in the
w98 style, C:\\ remains 4 char long. I would assume that the changing of
C:\ to C:\\ wouldn't majority break applications,
but I don't know the way in which apps use the returns from this. It is
possible that length could be checked, in which case things would break,
but at least no buffer overflows will happen.
So, I believe using the 2k/xp method would probably work.

-Dante