wine/ library/debug.c include/wine/library.h i ...

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jan 3 17:48:21 CST 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
>   WINE_TRACE("(lprc=%s, lppt=%s, nSize=%d)\n", wine_dbgstr_rect(lprc),
>              wine_dbgstr_point(lppt), nSize);
>
> There is so many stuff in there... it's way too verbose, you don't know
> what's going on there anymore. Contrast with this:
>
>   TRACE("(lprc=%s, lppt=%s, nSize=%d)\n", dbgstr_rect(lprc), dbgstr_point(lppt), nSize);

Yes, but consider the poor sod who has already used the identifier TRACE
(precisely because it's a convenient name, as you point out)
and is trying to build with winelib.  Sure, we could have some switch
to turn on and off the short names, but that gets hard to read...

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
Linux User #78045