Windows Debugging Tools under Wine: "Could not inject logging thread into process"

Dan Kegel dank at
Sat Jan 4 12:32:26 CST 2003

Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> do you mean you manage to install the MSI service ?
>>2. to fix the "can't execute msiexec.exe" error,
>>     copy /dos/c/windows/system/msi* ~/c/windows/system

I dunno.  All I know is that copying all the msi* files
from my real windows/system directory to my fake windows/system
directory (and also copying cabinet.dll and using it)
made the installer work under cvs wine.  So I guess yes.
Is that unusual?

- Dan

Dan Kegel
Linux User #78045