sharpdevelop and .NET

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sat Jan 4 12:21:23 CST 2003

Hi,

Sharpdevelop won't run on wine for a long time (perhaps even never). It is a
100% .NET app. The app will run on mono, a free .NET implementation, when
they are done with Windows.Forms. Windows.Forms will be implemented using
WineLib. When it fully functions Sharpdevelop will natively run on Linux (or
any other OS supported by mono and WineLib).

I wouldn't run MS .NET framework on Wine. Really look at www.go-mono.net for
the mono project. Use Eclipse or some other tool as the IDE.

Good Luck,

Roderick Colenbrander