[RFC] __WINESRC__ & public headers

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Jan 5 18:39:14 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> > That's simply an optimization; maybe we could use an inline function
> > instead.
>
> Ditto, right?

Yes, it would just be cleaner without it but it won't break anything.

> Right. But it seems to me the NONAMELESS* names are a bit overloaded:
> on one hand, they are used to signal how some structures are defined,
> on the other they describe the capabilities of the compiler.
>
> For example, what if one decides to use names on _all_ gcc versions?
> This thing gets in the way, no?

No, then you define NONAMELESS* yourself, that's what we do in Wine.

> What about all the other things I've mentioned? Should we do anything
> about them? And if yes, what?

The extra flag values etc. should be removed, by fixing the code to
not depend on extending the API that way. Of course that's easier said
than done...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com