A humble request for help

Stefan Görling stefan at gorling.se
Mon Jan 6 05:29:01 CST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a thesis investigating how Open Source is
affected by the influence of money and the interests of commercial
companies. As the WINE efforts is the foundation of companies such as
Codeweavers, Transgaming and Lindows, it is interesting to study how
their entrance to the scene have affected the community.

The thesis as well as research papers surrounding it will be released
under the GNU Free Documentation License and as soon as the first drafts
are available they will be published so that the community may comment
upon it.

In order to improve the research, it would be great if you guys could
spend a few minutes on this one. I have included below a list of the
most active persons on this mailinglist during the year 2002. I have
tried to establish their employer as far as e-mail adresses and google
could help me out, but there are lots of unknowns, and probably some
errors too. So please, send me patches.

Also, if you belive that there are others who should be on this list,
I've only got one person from Transgaming so far, don't they contribute
or are they simply silent on the mailinglist?

If there are someone out there who would be willing to answer some more
detailed questions, such as how long they've been doing Open Source
development as a source of income and how they think it have affected
them and their efforts, please drop me a line. I'd be forever greatful.

The hall of fame:
Dimitrie O. Paun,Unknown / Self-financed
Alexandre Julliard,Codeweavers
Francois Gouget,Codeweavers
Eric Pouech,Unknown / Self-financed
Andreas Mohr,Codeweavers
Sylvain Petreolle,Unknown / Self-financed
Andriy Palamarchuk,Unknown / Self-financed
Steven Edwards,Unknown / Self-financed
Martin Wilck,Unknown / Self-financed
Patrik Stridvall,Unknown / Self-financed
Uwe Bonnes,Unknown / Self-financed
Dmitry Timoshkov,Codeweavers
Greg Turner,Unknown / Self-financed
Shachar Shemesh,Unknown / Self-financed