Web CVS annotation

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Tue Jan 7 03:02:45 CST 2003

I'm not sure that's right, and I am sure that this is very unwanted.

The reason I don't think this is right is that the rw access is required
in order to create a lock file. Allowing it will have several very bad
side effects.

    * Anyone who breaks into the web site will have instant write access
      to the CVS - VERY BAD!!!
    * The chances that, when Alexander runs "cvs ci", he will have to
      wait for CVS locks to be cleared.

Instead, running cvs annotate with the -n switch (i.e. - "cvs -n
annotate filename") doesn't create a lock file, and will probably not
require rw access.

                Shachar