A humble request for help

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Jan 7 10:56:20 CST 2003

On January 6, 2003 03:29 am, Stefan Görling wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm currently working on a thesis investigating how Open Source is
> affected by the influence of money and the interests of commercial
> companies. As the WINE efforts is the foundation of companies such as
> Codeweavers, Transgaming and Lindows, it is interesting to study how
> their entrance to the scene have affected the community.

snip

> Bill Medland,ACCPAC

Hi Stefan

For preference can you make sure you use the full company name (ACCPAC
International, Inc.) in the final thing.

My work on Wine is part of my employment at ACCPAC.  Basically we have an
accounting software suite that we want people to be able to run under Linux.
Currently the most cost-effective way for us to do that is to do our bit to
ensure that Wine handles the Windows compatibility that we require.

I find that I don't have the personal time to work on wine that others do; I
am somewhat in awe of those that do.

--
Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.