wxWindows: it's official!

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Jan 7 13:14:54 CST 2003

On January 7, 2003 03:00 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> For exactly the same reasons, Winelib applications, using Windows paths
> (c:\Windows\wininit.ini) on Unix have to link with the Wine C library
> (msvcrt) rather than the native one (glibc) in order to call functions
> with these paths.

But this is missing the point. What you are saying is that we should
not allow people to link to the native libc, because you think that
the msvcrt behavior is more correct. I beg to differ.

If people choose to ling to glibc, they must be aware the apps will not
work with Windows paths. It's their choice.

--
Dimi.