Symbol stripping?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Jan 8 02:59:39 CST 2003

What does gcc prior to 3.1 do with the -gstabs+ flag? If it ignores it,
or it's implied anyway, we could just have it always on.

If not then I have some bash here that can parse the output of gcc -v
and determine whether it's >= 3.1, would that be acceptable as a patch
to configure.ac?

The only other way would be to compile a little test app then run
objdump on it to figure out if stabs data was included, but testing the
GCC version would be faster.

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center