Mac OS X/Darwin port of Wine

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Jan 8 04:25:04 CST 2003

> Old PC?  All my old PCs have X86 processors and they're running Linux.
> Are you saying there are sources of extremely cheap PPC motherboards to
> stick in a PC chasis?

Sorry, a thinko :) I meant an old PPC machine....

> Bochs has full support for Mac OS X including a .dmg binary on their
> download page, so the port for that package is done already by the Bochs
> team.  The tricky bit will be going from Bochs virtual machine approach
> to an in-process extension sort of deal.

Yeah. From what I remember, Bochs uses only software emulation, which
means it's very slow but very portable. Ideally there would be a
libbochs that lets you pass in a block of code of any given architecture
and have it translated into any other architecture. If there was such a
library (not sure if there is) it could be integrated with the Wine PE
loader code. Possibly.

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center