wxWindows: it's official!

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Jan 8 10:05:19 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> I don't know much about their problem space, so I give them
> the benefit of the doubt that they knew what they were doing.
> In all honesty, I can also see a good argument for it being
> in cygwin, but this is besides the point -- the file is there,
> and apps depend on that.

These apps are broken if they depend on io.h for access(). We cannot
provide two different io.h in different directories, this will be a
nightmare.

We don't have to be 100% compatible with any random source out there;
we are not 100% compatible with msvc either. What we need is to
provide a way to write code that works both on Wine and on the
original platform, so that once you have made it portable you don't
need further changes. In this case the solution is unistd.h.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com