wxWindows: it's now official (almost)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Jan 8 16:40:20 CST 2003

On January 8, 2003 05:01 pm, Nerijus Baliunas wrote:
> But these are linux .a libs? Is it possible to get .so ones?

It's more complicated than that. Let's first get things working
with the .a libs, and then we can worry about using shared libs,
don't you think?

> > Does it have a mingw port? If it builds under mingw 2.0,
>
> Not yet, but it would be no big deal to create one. It almost
> compiles on cygwin using configure script, only c-client should
> be patched a little.

Let's make a deal: you do the mingw port, get it into the official
Mahogany tree, then I'll try to do the Wine port. Really, there's
little point in trying to port to Wine before completing the mingw
port. As for compiling under cygwin, that's cool, if it compiles
with -mno-cygwin it's even better.

> If I compile wxwin libs with winegcc, can I compile Mahogany
> with gcc, and link to winegcc made wxwin?

Yes, of course you can. But the simplest thing is to compile
Mahogany with winegcc is well. Mind you, winegcc just uses
the native gcc, so there's no problem using it.

--
Dimi.