[RFC] io.h & friends

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jan 9 13:26:53 CST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
[...]
> Remember, __UNIX__ is always defined when compiling in Wine, so
> we can never include io.h. Which begs the question: why do we have
> it in msvcrt in the first place? :)

Because it's part of the Visual C++ headers for the msvcrt library.
Visual C++ applications, and there's a lot of them on the Windows
platform, will just do:

#include <io.h>

and thus if we want them to compile with Winelib we need to provide an
io.h header.

Note: even if you don't have Visual C++, you can find this header in the
MS SDK src/crt directory (with all the other msvcrt headers).

                  Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95