Registering DLL's

John K. Hohm jhohm at acm.org
Thu Jan 9 13:49:49 CST 2003

> > What would it take to make a static library work for this?  Unlike a dll,
> > that would not have any overhead, would it?  I'm a real sucker for
> elegance,
> > you know. :-)
>
> It's possible, but it adds quite a bit of complexity to the build
> process, and creates annoying dll dependencies. I'd prefer that we
> start with the duplication for now, and see how ugly it gets.

Okay, we'll start with the duplication. :-|

When I prepare a patch including the shared regsvr.h and regsvr.c, should I
include them everywhere they're needed (repeating them in the patch multiple
times), or just add a note like "Hey Alexandre, do a cp regsvr.[hc] ...", or
maybe should I always submit the changes as separate patches for each dll?