Can't find MFC afx.h

Hans Christian Studt hcstudt at post10.tele.dk
Thu Jan 9 16:43:04 CST 2003

Francois Gouget wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> John Westerman wrote:
>
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> I'm currently trying to compile the basic Win32 "Hello world" project
>> that VC6 generates for you using Wine.
>>
>> My problem is that when I run ./configure -with-wine=/usr/local/wine
>>
>> It fails with the Message "checking for afx.h .... Could not find the
>> MFC includes"
>
> Is this application really an MFC application? Winemaker will assume
> that an application is an MFC application if it sees that it uses the
> 'StdAfx.h' header. However by default Visual C++ also uses this header
> for its (evil) precompiled header tricks.
> So you may want to re-run winemaker with the --nomfc option.

Great - I also ran into that problem.

As part of the winelib applications challange
http://www.dssd.ca/wine/Winelib-Apps-0.2.html
I have downloaded some *random* applications form sourceforge
and have no idea if they use MFC

Is there a way to find out more precise if an application
really uses MFC
???

Hans Christian Studt  : http://hc.studt.dk  mailto:hc at studt.dk
.dk og W3C standarder : http://w3c.studt.dk