Wine, Mozilla & IE ?

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Jan 10 13:08:37 CST 2003

On January 10, 2003 02:07 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> and FreeType breaking backwards compatibility in minor releases, but if
> ISVs also have to deal with g++ changing their ABI on a regular basis...

A valid concern. But it should be a configure option (--with[out]-khtml),
so they can easily disable if need be. Anyway, people should not need to
ship an embedded Wine. With a bit of luck, we will ship a 0.9 this year,
(and hopefully 1.0), it should be like glibc soon :). Besides, the interface
to _Wine_ is always C, it doesn't matter that Wine uses C++ internally.
If there are compatibility concerns, we just statically link -lstd++, and
be done with it.

--
Dimi.