wine/programs/wineboot wineboot.c Makefile.in

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Sat Jan 11 16:26:54 CST 2003

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

>   2. The reason I added the cast on the free line was to remove a
>      compilation warning. If you made sure the warning doesn't happen
>      by changing somewhere else in the code, that's, of course, fine.
>      Otherwise there is a warning when compiling (I am currently doing
>      a clean compile to make sure whether that happens on my system).

I hate replying to my own emails, but I realized that it was not clear
where this warning came from. The problem is that buffer is defined as a
"const WCHAR *", while free expects "void *". When trying to simply do
"free(buffer)", the compiler complains about the removal of the "const"
modifier from the call. Either change free to expect "const void *", or
leave the cast as I placed it.

            Shachar