wine/programs/wineboot wineboot.c Makefile.in

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Jan 11 16:39:30 CST 2003

Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il> writes:

> Two points about the differences between the version I submitted and
> the version that made it in.
>
>    1. If you are going to reject the printing of "Windows is finishing
>       to install your programs..." closing message, at least also remove
>       the starting message (lines 105 and 106 of version 1.3 of the
>    file).

I'm not opposed to having a message, but "continuing to boot wine" is
very misleading to indicate the end of the app.

>    2. The reason I added the cast on the free line was to remove a
>       compilation warning. If you made sure the warning doesn't happen
>       by changing somewhere else in the code, that's, of course, fine.
>       Otherwise there is a warning when compiling (I am currently doing
>       a clean compile to make sure whether that happens on my system).

If there's a warning it's because you are doing something wrong, you
shouldn't need to cast pointers passed to free(). Actually I see it
now, the buffer is const which doesn't make sense since we are writing
to it. I'll fix it.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com