[Fwd: dead keys treatment using XmbLookupString]

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Sun Jan 12 21:37:01 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 12:55:15PM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>  Rikki,
>
>    Please try to apply the following patch against the new CVS version
> (on /dlls/x11drv directory). This patch will allow keyboard.c to use
> your locale setting by the usage of xkb extension on X11R6. Please
> notice that this requires that you *don't have* xkbdisable on your
> XF86Config file (or XF86Config-4).

I applied the patch and did a recompile on todays CVS.   I see a change, but
it does not fix things for Icelandic.   My mute key is:

[ra at morticia ra]$ xmodmap -pke | grep dead_acute
keycode  48 = dead_acute Adiaeresis dead_circumflex dead_caron

Its dead_acute I need to get working.   With your patch it still doesnt
work, but pressing "alt and the mute key" (dead_circumflex) works.
So I can get characters like â ê û î :)

Btw, that key is incorrect from the XFree.org people.  That Adiaeresis is
not supposed to be there and causes wine to complain:

fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not found!
Using closest match instead (Icelandic keyboard layout) for scancode mapping.
Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.

I enabled debugging and its that key thats causing the complaint.  All the
others are right.

So I added the Adiaeresis to the definition for the Icelandic keymap in
keyboard.c and the complaint went away, but it's still not working :)

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Administrator.
               --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.