Help with /?? stuff

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Mon Jan 13 04:46:49 CST 2003

Alberto Massari wrote:

> The installation of IE6 makes an heavy use of the RunOnce and
> RunOnceEx registry keys (when in "nt40" mode; I don't know how it
> behaves in win9x mode).
> The RunOnce entries are just command lines that need to be sent to
> CreateProcess, e.g.

> The RunOnceEx entries are trickier, as it seems they can both be
> command lines and entries in the format "DLLName|Method|Argument", e.g.

Fortunetly, Andy did a very good work of documenting the knowledge bases
that explain these values. We may have to write the "runonce" utility,
but that's no too big a deal either (assuming we get the command lines
in order).

I am a little worried about the concept of a session. I'm still
pondering how to tackle that one. I'll let the list know when I have
more info. I can give a rough estimate of two more weeks for full
support of the various run keys, including RunOneEx.

We will have to take care of the whole "reboot" concept as well.
Something like what crossover are doing is nice, but I'm not it's the
best way to go. Again, that is a little secondary, as even getting
people to manually run "wineboot" is not such big a problem, assuming
everything works afterwards.

            Shachar