Add filesytem type NTFS to config

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 14 20:47:41 CST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Tony Lambregts wrote:
[...]
> I am however curious what file system types the various implementations
> of windows will return. These are the ones I am aware of:
>
> HPFS (from OS2's  High Performance File System)
> NTFS
> FAT  Floppies and older (small) hard drives
> FAT32
> CDFS (CD-ROMS)
>
> What else am I missing such as what does Novell or Samba  return for one
> of thier mounted drives? What do DVD's report as thier file system on
> windows?  What about zip drives and other removable drives? Any other
> thing I missed?

AFAIK, read-write CDs use a special filesystem so they probably get
their own value. Samba probably reports whatever the share's underlying
filesystem is (at least if the server is a Windows machine). I suspect
zip drives just use what the user chooses, i.e. FAT or VFAT, maybe FAT32
though that seems quite unnecessary given their limited size.

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.