Problems install ie5+ie6

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 14 23:24:27 CST 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 09:46 pm, Boris wrote:

> I downloaded the latest wine cvs tonight and compiled it on my
> windows-less system. I ran ie6setup and ie5setup.exe and it downloads
> the data from the web but has problems during installation. Here are
> two of the current errors.

> fixme:cabinet:process_files (basecab == ^0x8091818): Memory leak.
> fixme:cabinet:process_files (basecab == ^0x8092438): Memory leak.
> wine: Unhandled exception
>  starting debugger... <-And crashs at this point.

quite possibly cabextract.c's fault.  i will test it when i get the
chance.

btw, last I checked (only ~ two weeks ago), ie5 required "urlmon=n" (i
think microsoft conveniently provides such a thing during the install),
at the command line, and "windows=nt40", in the config.  ie6 didn't run
at all, and certainly didn't get to any cabextract's... so this is the
good kind of failure ;)

--
gmt

"If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't
thinking." --George S. Patton