Add check to SetMenuItemInfo

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed Jan 15 03:04:45 CST 2003

> You are testing here whether either MFT_BITMAP or MFT_SEPARATOR is set,
> which is perfectly valid to specify one of them. If you want to test
> whether both flags are set simultaneously then use something like this:
>
> if ((lpmii->fType & (MFT_BITMAP | MFT_SEPARATOR)) == (MFT_BITMAP | MFT_SEPARATOR))

Ah, thanks :) I'll get there eventually..... yes, I see why now.

> A conformance test to show the real behaviour is urgently required.

If you mean one that tries every combination of flags to see what
Windows returns then that's beyond my capabilities and current toolset
(no real windows development tools). I ran QuickTime 6 in Logview, and
it shows up as "bad parameter" and the calls return false, and as the
problem seemed to be having BITMAP and SEPARATOR set at the same time I
thought for now it'd be good enough to just check for that, as this
makes IE6 and QuickTime work properly.

Should I resubmit the patch with my mistake corrected?
thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center