Time

Oliver Sampson olsam at quickaudio.com
Fri Jan 17 10:46:53 CST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:22:46 +0100, Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:33:53 +0000, you wrote:
>

>> Thanks for being gentle.
>>
>>  '15:32 +0000' == '16:32 CET'
>>
>> How's that?
>
>A clock in Central European Time zone is one hour beyond a clock that
>displays UTC.

Then shouldn't it be "15:32 +0100" or "16:32 +0000"?

>> >Whether to post in UTC (as you do) or local time (what you expect) is
>> >somewhere configurable in agent.ini. It does not affect the time as you
>> >see in the messages pane, that should be the local time.
>>
>> I went looking for this in the help file, and couldn't find it.  I
>> don't want to post in UTC.  But before I go jumping to the forte
>> newsgroup, i just wanted to make sure that the tune call to the wine
>> system was cool.
>
>agent.ini -> message -> GMTDate

Thanks, searching the help for "Time Zone" didn't turn that one up.
I've changed it, and now it displays the correct time (in the above
example "16:32 + 0000" but I fear it's for the wrong reason.
Shouldn't it really be sending email with GMTDate2=0 as 15:32+0100?

Thanks,

>Rein.

Oliver Sampson
olsam at quickaudio.com