Getting a program to crash

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 17 17:37:43 CST 2003

Have this issue with Power Archiver 6.0 (don't want it to crash :))

When started, it opens a box : Illegal read at adress 0x00000000,
I click OK and it continues to work.

 --- Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> a écrit : > Howdy,

> I am trying to make a program crash ;) Instead, the program
> apparently
> captures exceptions, pops up a dialog, and continues on. I am hoping
> for
> a way to prevent that from happening, and instead falling into the
> debugger.
>
> It does call EXC_RtlRaiseException when the exception occurs, but it
> is
> not clear to me how that function works. Hopefully I can comment out
> something there to get it to crash properly?

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".