placeholder implementation of explorer.exe

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jan 19 01:36:34 CST 2003

I collected my notes about getting msvc4's setup running under Wine at
   http://www.kegel.com/linux/winelog.html
I now have wordpad reading .wri files properly under Wine
(needed for the "STL" button).  The next problem is that
the setup program does
   ShellExecute(..., "explorer.exe", ".", ...)
to pop up an explorer window.

Well, wine has Winefile, but not explorer.exe.  It looks
like the path of least resistance is for me to write a trivial
little explorer.exe that just cd's to argv[1] and fires
up winefile (which always operates on the current directory).
I've written it, and I expect when I add the needed
registry entry, it'll make msvc4's setup's "explore this cd" button
work fine.

Anyone think that'd be a bad thing to put into the Wine tree?
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com