Buiz talk

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Jan 21 03:46:04 CST 2003

Considering that afaik Office runs as one process, I can't understand
how context-switching performance would make any difference.

If anything, it should run slower as Wine isn't as optimized as Windows
is, and Windows apps will be optimized for fast threading, as Windows
apps make far greater use of threading than multiple processes but Linux
threading support is yet another area that it's in flux.

On the other hand, getting rid of Clippy is a feature that makes up for
any slight problems Wine may (or may not) have with Office :)

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center