App works almost perfectly, but one MDI screen won't draw

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jan 21 20:15:44 CST 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Installing my company's app is still a bear -- the only
> way I've found to avoid the dreaded "object reference not set" is
> to run with --debugmsg +ole and redirect to a file
> (not to the screen, and not to /dev/null).
>
> Once installed, the app runs quite well... except for one screen,
> which remains nearly blank.  The MDI frames draw fine, but the
> contents (which include a hex memory dump area and a tree control)
> remain blank.

I was going to spend this weekend fixing another MDI app to fix a draw
problem that several exhibit (for example, Kaleidegraph). Oddly it is
just the opposite; the contents draw ok but not the frames. I already
have a good idea of where the problem on them is.

Would a demo version of your app be available for download somewhere? I
would be interested in testing it.